Table of Contents
What is voltaren?
- Voltaren is the brand name for the substance diclofenac sodium.
- Voltaren is a Cyclooxygenase inhibitor
- nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID)
- Nonopioid analgesic
- it is used to relieve pain, swelling (inflammation), and joint stiffness
What products is voltaren found in?
NSAID medications like diclofenac sodium, taken in pill forms ranging from 25mg to 100mg
What are the potential allergic reactions?
- dizziness, drowsiness, headache
- diarrhea, abdominal pain, dyspepsia, heartburn, peptic ulcer, GI bleeding, GI perforation
- dysuria, frequent urination, hematuria, proteinuria, nephritis, acute renal failure
- Hematologic: prolonged bleeding time
- eczema, photosensitivity, rash, contact dermatitis, dry skin, exfoliation
- Other allergic reactions (including edema), anaphylaxis
Can you get tested for a voltaren allergy?
The ALCAT blood panel test checks for voltaren allergy, among many other potential allergens.
You can find the ALCAT blood test online at True Health Labs.